- Notes that the Government of Uganda requests preparatory assistance request in the amount of U$8,570 for elaborating a nomination for the Urgent Safeguarding List entitled ‘The male-child cleansing ceremony of the Lango people of North Central Uganda (Dwoko Atin Awobi lot)’ and that the Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development will be responsible for preparing the nomination file in collaboration with Dokolo District Local Government;
- Takes further note that the requested funds will be used primarily to bring together the concerned communities at every stage of the elaboration process and to complete research and fieldwork including recording and documentation, filming and production of video;
- Considers that the requested amount and the proposed timetable adequately reflect the activities planned to elaborate the nomination file;
- Notes that the requesting State shares the costs of the proposed activities and that the Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development is not in default of any previous contract with UNESCO;
- Decides to approve preparatory assistance in the amount of US$8,570;
- Requests the requesting State to further detail its contribution to the activities for which the preparatory assistance is requested, including in-kind contributions;
- Requests the Secretariat to reach agreement with the requesting party on the technical details of the preparatory assistance, including a revised timetable.