- Having examined document ITH/14/9.COM/13.h,
- Recalling its Decision 8.COM 5.c.1,
- Further recalling the Internal Oversight Service’s ‘Evaluation of UNESCO’s Standard‐setting Work of the Culture Sector: Part I – 2003 Convention for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage’ (Document IOS/EVS/PI/129 REV), as well as its ‘Audit of the Working Methods of Cultural Conventions’ (Document IOS/AUD/2013/06),
- Acknowledging the need for new modalities in favour of increased cooperation and synergies between UNESCO cultural conventions towards a comprehensive approach to culture while underlining at the same time the financial challenges that may be induced;
- Encourages the Cultural Conventions Liaison Group to pursue its efforts in order to facilitate joint thinking, exchange of experiences, cooperation and synergies between the cultural conventions, notably by identifying common issues of strategic importance;
- Takes note of ongoing cooperation between the 2003 Convention Secretariat and the other convention secretariats;
- Welcomes Decision 194 EX/22 of the Executive Board inviting the Director-General to convene a working group of States Parties to address the evaluation’s recommendations of relevance to the cultural conventions and requests that the results of this working group be communicated to it;
- Notes that administrative and managerial synergies are also moving forward with the establishment of the Conventions Common Services Unit under the guidance of the Cultural Conventions Liaison Group.