- Having examined document ITH/09/4.COM/CONF.209/11 and its annexes, and having examined the request for international assistance submitted by Mauritius entitled ‘An inventory of elements of intangible heritage pertaining to the indenture experience in the Republic of Mauritius’ (file number 00328);
- Recalling Chapter V of the Convention and Chapter II of the Operational Directives;
- Further recalling Articles 11 and 12 of the Convention;
- Commends the State Party for its commitment to meet its obligations to draw up one or more inventories of the intangible cultural heritage present in its territory, and welcomes its initiative in requesting international assistance to supplement national resources available for that purpose;
- Takes note that the proposed activities aim at inventorying intangible cultural heritage expressions that are closely associated with a site, Aapravasi Ghat, that is inscribed on the World Heritage List;
- Takes further note that the examiners appointed to examine the request have presented their reports to the Committee, incorporated within Annex 3 of Document ITH/09/4.COM/CONF.209/11, in which they recommend the request be approved;
- Approves the request in the amount of US$33,007;
- Requests the Secretariat to reach agreement with the State Party on the technical details of the assistance.