- Having examined Document ITH/14/9.COM/5.b,
- Recalling Chapter V of the Operational Directives and its Decision 4.COM 14.11,
- Expresses appreciation to Mongolia for submitting its report on the status of the element ‘Traditional music of the Tsuur’ inscribed in 2009 on the List of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding;
- Takes note of the efforts undertaken by the State Party to respond to the concerns raised by the Committee at the time of inscription and of the recent adoption in 2014 of a three-year national safeguarding plan for the element and invites the State Party to report on the results achieved through its implementation in its next report;
- Invites the State Party to develop its safeguarding strategy for this element with additional measures including the establishment of workshop spaces for training and for making the musical instruments;
- Encourages the State Party to continue its efforts to develop the necessary human resources, particularly at the community level, by fostering the establishment of non-governmental organizations and associations related to the element and by supporting existing ones to extend their membership and the scope of their activities;
- Further encourages the State Party to ensure that a sufficient budget is provided for the full implementation of planned activities in the current and any future safeguarding plans;
- Requests the Secretariat to inform the State Party twelve months prior to the deadline of 15 December 2017 for the submission of its next report on the status of this element.