- Having examined Document ITH/14/9.COM/5.b,
- Recalling Chapter V of the Operational Directives and its Decision 4.COM 14.10,
- Expresses appreciation to Mongolia for submitting its report on the status of the element ‘Mongol Tuuli, Mongolian epic’, inscribed in 2009 on the List of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding;
- Takes note of the efforts undertaken by the State Party to respond to the concerns raised by the Committee at the time of inscription and invites it to strengthen its engagement in the safeguarding of this element and in ensuring that safeguarding measures maintain the diversity of epic forms rather than promoting standardization;
- Encourages the State Party to carry on its safeguarding strategy by addressing the decrease in numbers of epic masters and their shrinking repertoires and finding ways to encourage the performance of complete Mongol Tuuli in their traditional contexts;
- Invites the State Party to work towards building the sustainability of the element by stabilizing and developing the current safeguarding approach, in particular by ensuring secure financial support for its safeguarding plan, and by placing greater emphasis on long-term strategic goals;
- Requests the Secretariat to inform the State Party twelve months prior to the deadline of 15 December 2017 for the submission of its next report on the status of this element.