- Having examined Document ITH/14/9.COM/5.b,
- Recalling Chapter V of the Operational Directives and its Decision 4.COM 14.09,
- Expresses appreciation to Mongolia for submitting its report on the status of the element ‘Mongol Biyelgee, Mongolian traditional folk dance’, inscribed in 2009 on the List of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding;
- Takes note of the efforts undertaken by the State Party to respond to the concerns raised by the Committee at the time of inscription;
- Invites the State Party to further develop its safeguarding strategy for this element in order to strengthen its viability and sustainability;
- Further invites the State Party to consider the tendency for performances of Biyelgee to be held outside their community context and to devise innovative safeguarding strategies to confront this situation, including increasing domestic audiences and avoiding the potential dangers of distortion and de-contextualization;
- Strongly encourages the State Party to continue its efforts to involve the community in planning and implementing present and future safeguarding activities and, in particular, suggests that it harness the potentials of the new civil society groups that have been established for the safeguarding of this element;
- Requests the Secretariat to inform the State Party twelve months prior to the deadline of 15 December 2017 for the submission of its next report on the status of this element.