- Having examined document LHE/21/16.COM/7.a,
- Recalling Chapter V of the Operational Directives and its Decision COM 10.a.5,
- Expresses its appreciation to Ukraine for submitting, on time, its first report on the status of the element ‘Cossack’s songs of Dnipropetrovsk Region’, inscribed in 2016 on the List of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding;
- Takes note of the efforts described in the report submitted by Ukraine to safeguard the element, in particular through regular research, publication and awareness-raising activities, as well as through the establishment of new ensembles and groups, including children’s groups, and further takes note of the efforts of regional administrative institutions and of educational and research institutions to safeguard the element;
- Encourages the State Party to support the bearer communities and groups and further enhance learning and training opportunities to transmit the element to younger generations, through the engagement of cultural and educational institutions and non-governmental organizations, and to inspire younger generations to appreciate and practice the element, and invites the State Party to monitor the effectiveness of the learning and training tools and opportunities provided;
- Recalls the importance of ensuring an active and wide participation of the communities and groups concerned and of relevant non-governmental organizations in updating the safeguarding plan, and further encourages the State Party to ensure their full participation in the elaboration of future safeguarding plans;
- Requests that the Secretariat inform the State Party at least nine months prior to the deadline of 15 December 2024 about the required submission of its next report on the status of this element.