This project aims at enhancing the national capacity of Eritrea to safeguard their intangible cultural heritage through the effective implementation of the 2003 Convention for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage. It intends to build a critical level of experience and knowledge, both in government institutions, civil society and in selected communities, so that the country is equipped with an appropriate sustainable framework for safeguarding intangible heritage and implementing the Convention on a long term basis.
In particular, the project will pay due attention to the adequacy of institutional environments, abilities and strategies to set up or revise legislative and policy frameworks and the strengthening of national expertise in the field of culture.
Concrete outputs of the project include revisions of policy or legislative frameworks, a pool of resource persons operational in Eritea to effectively implement the 2003 Convention and an inventory of intangible cultural heritage elaborated with the broad participation of at least one community.
- 2018-03-21 – Eritrea to focus on communities especially youth in their national safeguarding efforts
- 2018-02-19 – Capacity-building Workshop on Preparing Nomination Files and International Assistance Request
- 2017-09-15 – Fieldwork for Inventorying and Digital Archiving of Eritrean Intangible Cultural Heritage (ICH)
- 2017-04-12 – Eritrea launches inventorying of intangible cultural heritage
- 2017-04-03 – Workshop on community-based inventorying in the context of implementing the 2003 Convention in Eritrea
- 2016-11-01 – Workshop on preparing nomination files and international assistance requests for Eritrea
- 2016-01-28 – The first heritage legislation in Eritrea!
- 2015-05-26 – A stakeholder’s workshop on Eritrean Cultural and Natural Heritage Legislation
٢٢/٠٩/٢٠١٦ - ٢٩/٠٩/٢٠١٧ – Inventorying of proverbs of Lala community of Luano District of Zambia٢٤/٠٥/٢٠١٦ - ٣١/١٢/٢٠١٧ – Climate change and preservation and valorization of intangible cultural heritage linked to craftsmanship