- Having examined document LHE/19/14.COM/9.a Rev.,
- Recalling Articles 7, 29 and 30 of the Convention concerning reports by States Parties and Chapter V of the Operational Directives,
- Thanks the States Parties that submitted their reports on time and invites the State Party that has not yet submitted its expected reports to do so at the earliest opportunity, bearing in mind the deadline of 15 December 2019 in order for the Committee to examine these reports at its fifteenth session in 2020;
- Reminds the States Parties of the possibility to report online in order to facilitate the gathering of information and the analysis of the status of the elements inscribed on the List of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding;
- Welcomes the achievements reported by States Parties in safeguarding their elements inscribed on the List of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding and invites them to keep efforts for the safeguarding and continued transmission of these elements as a priority in their agendas and to involve the communities as well as the public and private institutions concerned in the implementation and updating of the safeguarding plans;
- Encourages reporting States to include more information in their future reports on the challenges encountered during the implementation of their safeguarding plans and how these affect the viability of inscribed elements, as well as to involve stakeholders in fields other than culture to address broader threats, such as those related to the environment;
- Acknowledges that the global reflection on the listing mechanisms of the 2003 Convention may have an impact on the reporting exercise on the status of elements inscribed on the List of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding and that this specific reporting mechanism will remain unchanged in the meantime, until the overall reflection has advanced;
- Decides to submit to the General Assembly a summary of the reports of States Parties on the current status of elements inscribed on the List of Intangible Cultural Heritage in Need of Urgent Safeguarding examined during the current session.